Monday, July 12, 2010

Child Size Kayaks

I stopped to take a picture of a painted turtle with my camera on my phone so I could help with some habitat mapping using the NOAH app for my phone. The painted turtle decided I was a predator and took the plunge before I got a picture. I felt a little bad about startling the turtle, but then I noticed what appears to be a family out kayaking. More detailed photo here and here.

This picture was taken from the side of the Centennial Trail near the upriver dam. If you look closely there is a dad in a blue kayak in the upper right, a mom in the yellow kayak to the left, and what appears to be a grade school age girl in a very small kayak in the middle. I didn't know that they made child size kayaks. Maybe this is something I will have t0 look into.







No comments:

Post a Comment